The Lewis-Fussell Family Story
Virtual Program: Live at 5 pm, pre-registration
Sponsored by: West Vincent Historical Commission and Historic Committee
“Seventeen strangers were here…” Esther Fussell Lewis wrote cryptically in her diary one evening. Long before there was an organized network called the Underground Railroad, Quakers and free Blacks guided fugitives here, a stop on their way to freedom. By the 1800s, the Lewis-Fussell family, in four adjacent houses along the Old Kimberton Road, had devoted themselves to abolition and to the care of runaway slaves. The tour will show those four farmsteads, which comprised the original “John and Esther Lewis Farm”, including “Sunnyside”, built in 1848.
For additional information and registration, please go to: